It’s easy to get wrapped up in our everyday responsibilities, worries, and stressful routines. When this happens, we often forget to check in with ourselves and make sure that our mental and physical needs are being met.
This month, we are focusing on self-love, so here are five ways that you can start showing love and care for yourself today.
- There’s nothing more crippling than self doubt. It’s important to have faith in your thoughts and trust your instincts to make good decisions.
- Remind yourself daily that your feelings are valid, and you know yourself better than anyone else. Within a few days of this practice, you’ll discover a whole new level of confidence!
Stop comparing yourself to others.
- It’s important to focus on your own journey. We’re all given different resources and circumstances, so there’s no point in comparing your life and accomplishments to someone else’s.
- Even though it’s easy to feel behind in life, just remember that we are all on different paths. Pace yourself, and set realistic goals.
- There’s only one you! Be proud of that, and try your best in everything you do
Prioritize your physical health.
- You should always be listening to your body and taking the best care of it, because it’s the only one you’ll ever have.
- Stay on top of doctors’ appointments, eat a clean diet, get enough sleep every night, stretch & exercise every day, and practice good hygiene.
- Assess and relieve your pain. If you’re experiencing physical pain, this is going to hold you back from your daily routine including physical activity, running errands, working, etc. If you’re experiencing any muscle or joint pain - don’t suffer! Just apply MuscleCare. Within minutes of application, MuscleCare will push magnesium through your skin and into your muscles/joints to push the pain out. Voila! You can go back to living your pain-free life.
- Because of COVID-19, we are spending a lot more time at home sitting in unsupportive positions in our not-so-ergonomically-friendly furniture. Consider seeing the following alternative medicine solutions to maintain your mobility and overall physical health.
- Chiropractic care, monthly: “Chiropractic care improves your mental health, neurological health, muscle strength, flexibility, and range of motion. It promotes recovery, improves immune response, provides you with more energy, and improves your mood” (mana.md).
- Getting a massage at least 2-3 times minimum: Seeing a massage therapist will help to reduce muscle tension, improve circulation, and increase joint mobility and flexibility.
Acupuncture: This will enhance your mental clarity, increase your energy, reduce your eye strain, reduce back pain/neck tension/joint pain, and provide relief from digestive conditions.
- If you are interested in any of these services, and you live in Ontario, consider requesting an appointment at Dr. Chris’ clinic, The Centre for Fitness, Health, & Performance.
- When we’re busy taking care of other people’s needs, it’s easy to lose track of our own health specifically. After a while of neglecting our body’s needs, we will start to slow down, so don’t be afraid to take that time for yourself.
Prioritize your mental health.
- Mental health is just as important as physical! Often, they go hand-in-hand - when one suffers so does the other.
- Practice daily affirmations - “positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes” (Source).
- Some examples of affirmations:
- I am talented and successful.
- I am worthy and enough.
- I enjoy working with my team and I am good at my job.
- I love eating healthy, because I am nourishing my body.
- I will get through this.
- I am limitless, and anything is possible.
- I choose to be happy and to love myself today.
- My thoughts become my reality.
- I am doing my best.
- I am proud of myself.
- Yoga and meditation are also a great way to relax your mind.
- According to the American Psychological Association, Hatha yoga, a slower set of yoga poses and proper breathing techniques, has been shown to relieve stress and reduce symptoms of disorders like anxiety, depression, and even PTSD.
- Even yoga for just 15 minutes a day will do wonders for your mind.
- If you are struggling greatly with some stresses in your life that you can’t fix on your own, or you’re just stuck in a rut, consider finding a therapist.
- Therapy is a wonderful way to process your emotions while receiving an unbiased, professional outsider’s perspective on the situation.
- It may seem like a large financial and time commitment, but the peace and understanding you will receive in return will be well worth the investment!
Be kind and patient with yourself.
- It’s easy to get upset, say mean things, and beat yourself up over setbacks and mess-ups. Would you verbally abuse a family member or your partner if they made a mistake? No, you’d encourage them to try again tomorrow. Treat yourself how you’d treat your loved ones.
- Every experience - good or bad - is a lesson learned. Use every lesson as an opportunity to grow and evolve. You’re not going to reach all of your goals overnight. Stay focused, work hard, and keep going.
- As you reach your goals along the way, reward yourself! You earned it.
We hope this list has given you some new ideas on how to prioritize yourself more in your daily routine, because you deserve to.
We at MuscleCare believe in putting your health first, and that’s why our fast-acting formula is made of natural ingredients (free of drugs, parabens, dyes and harsh chemicals.) To buy MuscleCare, click here.